Wednesday 20 August 2014

Classic Blueberry Muffin Recipe


In the past few years I have grown a love for blueberry muffins, especially after my trip to New York earlier this year where we had muffins for breakfast everyday! However, I had never actually made any myself until lately yet I love to bake all kinds of yummy things. They aren't actually the same measurement as your classic cupcakes as they're slightly more stodgy and because the blueberries give off a lot of moisture so I thought I'd put together this little recipe for you to also enjoy!
This recipe creates lovely moist and fluffy muffins that don't feel so naughty to treat yourself to.

Ingredients for 12 muffins
2 eggs
250g self raising flour
120ml milk
100g caster sugar
150g butter
punnet of blueberries


Now time to put it all together:

Step one | I used a hand electric mixer but you can easily use a spoon or whisk, you just need a little more elbow grease. Mix the butter and caster sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually mix in the flour and milk until fully combined and then with a spoon fold in the blueberries. 


Step two | Pop some muffin cases into a muffin tray and spoon in the mixture over half way up. Place in a preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 25 minutes.


Step three |  Take the muffins out the oven and leave in the tins until fully cool so they stay in nice shape. If you want them a little sweeter, add a thin layer of sugar glaze or icing sugar on top.



If you make any I'd love to see, just tag me either on Instagram or Twitter with @Alexandraahowe
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love love love blueberries, great recipe I'm definitely going to make these! would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy and tasty! I'm actually already following you! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Yum! definitely going to try these! I love blueberries! Xx

    Eclectic Clash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I love hearing from my readers so feel free to leave me a comment and I'll do my best to reply if you want me too.

© Alexandra Elizabeth | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig